Johannes Rau (German spelling) or Rowe (English spelling) Jr. bought 911 acres from Chancellor Robert Livingston and his wife Mary in 1760. These 911 acres were known as “Lot No. 22” from the Little Nine Partners Patent (1706) subdivision (1744). In the late 18th century, Rowe would build a home for himself, and as was typical, a family cemetery nearby. In the early 19th century his son built a house, a Methodist Church now known as Rowe Universal Methodist Church.